Here is our review of the Oppo A54 5G Smartphone.
A Qualcomm 5G SoC gives OPPO A54 5G the ability to empower your every day. And with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of ROM, OPPO A54 5G moves faster and stores more.
- Qualcomm 5G SoC
- 5000mAh Mega Battery
- 90Hz Hyper-color Screen
- 4+64 Storage
- 48MP AI Quad Camera
- Height: about 162.9mm, Width: about 74.7mm, Thickness: about 8.4mm, Weight: about 190g
- 4GB RAM +64GB ROM
- RAM Type: LPDDR4X @ 2133 MHz 2 x 16 bits, ROM Type: UFS 2.1 @1lane
- External Memory: Supported
- USB Version: USB 2.0, USB OTG: Supported
- Size: 6.5″(16.5 cm)
- Screen Ratio: 90.5%, Resolution: 2400 x 1080 (FHD+), Refresh Rate: Up to 90Hz, Touch Sampling Rate: Up to 180Hz, Colour Gamut: 100% DCI-P3, Pixel Density: 405 PPI, Contrast Ratio: Static contrast ratio: 1500:1
- Brightness: Default value (typical): 480 nits, HBM value (typical): 550 nits
- Panel: LCD (LTPS)
- Camera: Rear 48MP Main Camera: f/1.7; FOV 79°; AF supported, 8MP Ultra-wide Angle Camera: f/2.2; FOV 119°; fixed focus, 2MP Macro Camera: f/2.4; FOV 88.8°; fixed focus, 2MP Mono Camera: f/2.4; FOV 88.8°; fixed focus
- Camera: Front16MP (f/2.0); FOV 79.3°; fixed focus
- Image Size Rear:Maximum size: 6000 x 8000 (48MP), Front: Maximum size: 3468 x 4624 (16MP)
- Video: Rear – Rear Camera: 1080P/720P (30fps)Support EIS, video digital zoom and slow motion, Front – Front Camera: 1080P/720P (30fps)
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 480 5GCPU Speed: Up to 2.0 GHzCPU Cores: Octa-core, GPU : Adreno™ 619 @650MHz
- Battery: 4890/5000mAh (Min/Typ) – Charge 5V/2A (MAX)
To see the full specs, click here.
What’s in the box?
The box contains the Phone, a Charger, Earphones, a USB data cable, a SIM Ejector Tool, a Safety Guide, a Quick Guide and a Protective case.
A Closer Look
The Oppo A54 5G is a really good, lightweight smartphone. It is 5G compatible, hence the 5G in the name which makes it a very reasonably priced 5G device.
The A54 5G is very comfortable to hold, even for extended periods, and the placement of the buttons work really well. There is a fingerprint scanner on the power button on the right-hand side of the phone, and this works very well.
The 90Hz hyper-colour screen is sharp and clear, and whether you are surfing the Internet, watching Netflix or playing games, its good!
The main 48MP camera is very good, producing sharp high quality images. The other cameras do an adequate job but are not as great. That’s not to say that they are bad, they just aren’t as good! But you shouldn’t be disappointed with the images you take with this phone.
Battery wise, depending on your usage, you can get a decent days worth of use out of it. Charging is via the included USB-C cable – there isn’t any wireless charging on the A54, but that’s not a major issue, especially for the price. A full charge takes around 2 hours to complete.
Performance wise, the Snapdragon 480 5G chipset performs really well, the issue is the ram, which is only 4GB. The games we tried worked well enough, although they did take a little time to load – but that really shouldn’t put you off at all.
Sound wise the A54 5G isn’t that great – its only got a single speaker, so you will be better off using headphones with it. Fortunately Oppo have included a set in the box.
One nice touch is that Oppo have included a decent phone case in the box. This may not seem like a huge deal but its a good case, and something similar would probably set you back between £20 and £30, so that’s an instant saving right there.
There are two colours to choose from, Fluid Black (which is the review unit we received) or Fantastic Purple – both look really good, so it’s going to be down to personal choice.
So if you are in the market for a reasonably priced 5G handset that is great for playing mobile games on and has great battery life with a good screen, then you should really take a good look at the Oppo A54 5G, it might just tick all the boxes for you. Recent research commissioned by Oppo showed that we’re a nation of gamers, with two thirds of Brits (66%) gaming, including 1 in 6 every day (18%) and over half (52%) at least once a month.
The Oppo A54 5G smartphone is available now priced around £219.99.