Amazon have announced the next generation of its Fire HD 8 tablet lineup, designed with the entire family in mind: the all-new Fire HD 8, Fire HD 8 Plus, and Fire HD 8 Kids Edition.
“The new Fire HD 8 tablets offer the features that everyone in the family wants – great content, more storage, longer battery life – at a price that is incredibly affordable,” said Eric Saarnio, Vice President, Amazon Devices EU. “We’ve made the all-new Fire HD 8 even better with faster performance, 32GB of internal storage, up to 12 hours of battery life, and easier charging with USB-C—all for only £89.99. For only £20 more, the Fire HD 8 Plus packs even more power with 50% more RAM, hassle-free wireless charging, and three months of Kindle Unlimited included. With access to millions of movies, TV shows, books, songs, magazines, Alexa, and more— Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 8 Plus are the perfect tablets for entertainment.”
The All-New Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 8 Plus: Built for Entertainment
The all-new Fire HD 8 includes:
· Beautiful display – Featuring a vibrant 8” 1280 x 800 high definition display with over one million pixels.
· New faster processor – Now 30% faster with a 2.0 GHz quad-core processor and 2GB RAM to easily multi-task when watching movies, playing games and browsing the web.
· Now even more storage – With options for 32GB or 64GB of internal storage and support for up to 1TB of expandable storage via microSD. Plus, enjoy free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with Fire tablets.
· New longer battery life – Up to 12 hours of mixed-use battery life for browsing the web, watching videos, listening to music, and more.
· New easier charging – Comes with USB-C for easy charging in less than 5 hours.
· Introducing Game Mode – A distraction-free, optimised gaming experience that lets you focus on your game without interference from notifications.
· Wide selection of content – Access to millions of movies, TV shows, songs, Kindle eBooks, magazines, apps, and games. Watch downloaded videos anywhere with Prime Video, Disney+, or Netflix subscriptions. Discover content that keeps you and your family entertained, connected, and informed on the #AtHome destination on Fire Tablets.
· Stay connected – Download an app, such as Zoom, or ask Alexa to make a video call, to keep in touch with family and friends using your Fire HD 8.
· Always-ready, hands-free Alexa – When connected to Wi-Fi, simply ask Alexa to Drop In on a friend or family member, play a song, start an Audible book, launch a trivia game, find your favourite movies, show your calendar, and more—using only your voice. Fire HD 8 is designed to protect your privacy. To learn more, visit: www.amazon.co.uk/alexaprivacy.
· Amazon-exclusive features – Enjoy customer favourites like For You, X-Ray, Family Library, Blue Shade, and more.
For only £20 more, the new Fire HD 8 Plus adds:
· Fast and responsive performance – With 3 GB RAM, 50% more RAM than the Fire HD 8, and a 2.0GHz quad-core processor, Fire HD 8 Plus delivers a smooth experience whether you’re browsing the web, playing a game or watching your favourite show.
· Hassle-free wireless charging – When bundled with a compatible wireless charging dock, seamlessly transition Fire HD 8 Plus from a portable tablet experience to a countertop smart display with hands-free Alexa access in Show Mode.
· Faster in-box adapter – Includes a 9W in-box adapter that charges your tablet in less than four hours.
· Three months of Kindle Unlimited – As a special introductory offer, Fire HD 8 Plus customers will get three months of Kindle Unlimited included with their tablet purchase. After three months, the Kindle Unlimited membership renews at the regular price of just £7.99 per month.
The all-new Fire HD 8 is available for pre-order today, starting at £89.99 at www.amazon.co.uk/firehd8. Fire HD 8 is offered in White, Black, Twilight Blue, and Plum and will begin shipping on the 3rd June.
The Fire HD 8 Plus comes in a new Slate colour, and can be pre-ordered today starting at £109.99 at www.amazon.co.uk/firehd8plus, and also begins shipping on 3rd June. The Fire HD 8 Plus can also be purchased as a bundle with the all-new Made for Amazon Wireless Charging Dock for £139.98.
Accessory Cases are available for both Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 8 Plus tablets in Twilight Blue, Charcoal Black, Sandstone White, and Plum for £29.99.
All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition: Built from the Ground-Up for Kids
The all-new Fire HD 8 Kids Edition includes the Fire HD 8 tablet with an 8” HD display, 32GB of storage with up to 1TB of expandable storage via microSD, up to 12 hours of mixed-use battery life, and USB-C for reversible charging. It also comes bundled with a kid-proof case with a new adjustable stand in blue, pink, or purple, a two-year worry-free guarantee, and a year of Amazon Fire for Kids —all for £139.99.
With Amazon Fire for Kids, kids can enjoy thousands of age-appropriate books, Audible books, educational apps, games, and videos on their Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, including new and popular titles such as Wishenpoof, PINKFONG Baby Shark, PJ Masks: Racing Heroes, The Octonauts and Whale Shark, Pony Sisters Pet Hospital and Sonic Dash.
Within Fire for Kids, kids can easily discover over 1,000 educational titles, such as Champion Math, Matching Shapes & Colours Card Game, Squeebles Punctuation, Times Tables Treasure Hunt and National Geographic Kids Readers—to help with at-home learning. All of the Fire for Kids content is kid-friendly and hand-selected by the Amazon Fire for Kids team with new titles added regularly.
“Over 20 million kids (and their parents) globally have enjoyed the award-winning Amazon Fire for Kids service and we’re excited to make it even better with new educational content that helps to keep kids learning and entertained,” said Eric Saarnio, Vice President, Amazon Devices EU. “The all-new Fire HD 8 Kids Edition is built from the ground up to offer the Fire for Kids content kids love and the parental controls parents trust—all wrapped in a colourful kid-proof case with a two-year worry-free guarantee.”
Fire HD 8 Kids Edition comes with access to easy-to-use parental controls that encourage learning before play. With Fire for Kids, parents can manage their child’s Fire for Kids settings, such as the ability to set daily goals, age filters, and time limits for both weekdays and weekends. Parents can also use parental controls to choose what content kids can access and to add more content. These settings can be managed on the device or parents can visit the Parent Dashboard at www.parents.amazon.co.uk to view daily activity reports and easily adjust their child’s Fire for Kids settings from any web browser, whether they’re on a mobile device or computer.
The all-new Fire HD 8 Kids Edition is available for pre-order today, starting at £139.99 at www.amazon.co.uk/firehd8kidsedition and will begin shipping on 3rd June.
After one year, customers can continue their Fire for Kids subscription starting at £1.99 per month for Prime members and £3.99 per month for customers who are not yet Prime members. The subscription can be used on any compatible device, including Fire tablets and Kindle.