Publisher and co-developer Dotemu (publisher of Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, developer of Windjammers 1 and 2) with co-developers Lizardcube (Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap) and Guard Crush Games (Streets of Fury) are proud to announce Streets of Rage 4 is now available on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One as well as Xbox Game Pass. Steam, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4 fans eager to bash through the iconic beat-em-up series’ revival can also enjoy a 10 percent discount off the £22.49 price if they purchase their copy within the first four days of launch.
Get a sense of the challenges ahead, along with an overview of all of Streets of Rage 4’s exciting additions, by viewing the game’s full launch trailer here:
Streets of Rage 4 features:
- An All-New Story: Discover and counter new threats to the metropolis in events set 10 years after Streets of Rage 3.
- New and Returning Fighters: Series veterans Axel, Blaze, and Adam team up with newcomers Cherry and Floyd for a glorious beatdown-fueled return to form.
- Gorgeous Hand-Drawn Artwork: An intricate, neon-soaked envisioning of Wood Oak City brings its districts and brawlers to life through fluid animation and striking designs.
- Evolved Combat: New combo possibilities, risk-reward health recovery, and clever refinements give Streets of Rage fans ample opportunities to rack up killer combos.
- An Electrifying All-Star Soundtrack: Lead Composer Olivier Derivière upholds Streets of Rage’s signature sound while adding new sonic direction with substantial contributions from series composers Yūzō Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima and an East Meets West all-star lineup of contributors.
- Retro Pixel Characters: Embrace your nostalgia by fighting like hell to unlock a dozen pixel characters complete with their original movesets from Streets of Rage 1, 2, and 3.
- Pulse-Spiking Throwback Music: Knock out enemies to timeless songs selected from Streets of Rage 1 and Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack.
- Online & Offline Co-Op: Call friends in for backup and let loose via two-player online and four-player offline co-operative play.
- A Feud-Ending Battle Mode: Settle who’s truly carrying the team and go head-to-head with frenemies in competitive sparrings.
- A Relentless Boss Rush Mode: Prove your might against an onslaught from the deadliest opponents in Wood Oak City.
- A Fair Fight for Everyone: Choose from a range of five difficulty settings to suit your playstyle, whether you’re a newcomer learning your first combos or a hardcore fighter looking for a brutal challenge.
The first mainline series entry in more than 25 years, Streets of Rage 4 infuses the series’ classic elements with modern evolutions of gameplay, art and design, giving fans an authentically faithful tribute which still offers a distinctive experience.
For More information visit www.streets4rage.com, check out www.facebook.com/StreetsofRage4, pummel @Dotemu, @Lizardcube, and @Guard_Crush’s follow buttons on Twitter, and join on Discord: https://discord.gg/DvVq4yz.