OPPO’s new RX series aims to offer consumers a unique, bold and revolutionary experience with its sleek design and advanced technology, to empower people to pursue extraordinary experiences. At their core, both the RX17 Pro and the RX17 Neo are built upon four founding pillars of design, innovation, community and young people, and these form part of OPPO’s approach to challenging the smartphone sector in Europe.
The new RX series surprises with its artistic design, bespoke colour palette, and unique photography features. Introducing dynamic and vivid colours, and enhanced image quality with both devices, the RX17 Pro also goes one-step further, with its new Ultra Night Mode camera feature.
“At OPPO, we want to create products that can offer the perfect combination of design and technology. Deploying this strong concept, which is also our credo, we have come up with two new models, the RX17 PRO and the RX17 Neo, integrating innovative design and the latest technologies that concretely meet the needs of European consumers. In our development strategy, we rely on the expertise of our local teams and are attentive to the needs of our customers. OPPO continuously aspires to adapt in order to meet our customers’ expectations, offering the best smartphone experience. Market understanding, combined with creativity and technological expertise, is our key to delivering value-added products”, said Vincent Wong, President of OPPO Europe.
The OPPO RX17 launch event was held last night in Milan, playing host to an immersive experience that provided attendees with the opportunity to try out the new RX17 series. Through an interactive exhibition, guests were able to test out the Ultra Night Mode camera setting on the RX17 Pro handset for the first time in Europe.
RX17 Pro: Intelligent camera brings new depths to smartphones
The RX17 Pro is specially designed for night shooting, thanks to its hardware and software upgrade from the AI Ultra-Clear Engine, Smart Aperture and OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). The AI Ultra-clear Engine, OPPO’s image-enhancing technology, offers an outstanding definition. The scene recognition mode can recognise up to 23 types of independent scenes and up to 864 mixed scenarios and uses this information to automatically set the camera to the optimum mode for the user. Through pixel-level colour reconstruction, images are clearer and brighter. The photos are refined, with added intelligent noise reduction and highlight restoration.
Equipped with a 25MP front camera, Sony IMX576 sensor, F1.5/F2.4 smart aperture with real-time HDR support, the RX17 Pro is able to provide up to eight million different beautification schemes to intelligently match different users across the globe. The customised beauty mode can now identify up to four people in the frame and enables users to adjust the facial features and preview the effects in real time.
|RX17 Pro||RX17 Neo|
|Colour||Radiant Mist/Emerald Green||Mocha Red/Astral Blue (3D Gradient Design)|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 710||Qualcomm Snapdragon 660|
|Display||6.4″ AMOLED, Waterdrop screen,
2340 x 1080 FHD+ 91.5% Screen Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
|91% Screen Ratio
6.4″ Waterdrop screen,
2340 x 1080 FHD+
|Camera||Front: 25MP (f/2.0) Rear: 12MP f/1.5-f/2.4) +20MP (f/2.6)||Front: 25MP AI Camera
Rear: Dual Rear Camera
|NFC||Support NFC wireless payment||/|
|Battery||2x1850mAh, SuperVOOC Flash Charge, Type C||3600 mAh|
|OS||Android 8.1 (ColorOS 5.2)||Android 8.1 (ColorOS 5.2)|
Other key features include:
· ‘Waterdrop’ screen: 6.4-inch functional screen, including a ‘Hidden Fingerprint Unlock’ feature and ‘Smart Bar’ multitasking function to enable direct reply to messages without quitting a game or a video.
· Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6: first smartphone manufacturer to offer the most durable cover glass to date for high-impact resistance. Able to withstand a drop from a height of one-metre to a rough service for an average 15 times, doubling that of the Gorilla Glass 5 performance
· Ultra-fast charging: SuperVOOC flash charging technology, allowing users to enjoy the safest and most efficient charging technology in the industry. Taking only 10 minutes to get a 40% charge and 40 minutes to get a full charge, Oppo has set a new standard for mobile phone charging
· Wireless payment: A perfect life assist, The RX17 Pro supports NFC wireless payment, making the transition to mobile payments easy and convenient
· Revolutionary Gradient Design: OPPO has been leading the way for making gradient designs an emerging trend for smartphone design. The RX17 Pro introduces a brand-new “Radiant Mist Color”, using 3D fog glass to give the body a soft look and feel. OPPO also added a layer of condensed light between the colour layer and the glass surface, giving a special curve and texture, which can reflect light according to the texture
The RX17 Neo: Lightweight and mighty
Precision engineering meets natural perfection with a vivid screen. The 6.4-inch waterdrop display front panel, with a screen-to-body ratio of 91%, offers the better game and video play. With more screen space and a compact design, the RX17 Neo is just as lightweight as it is advanced.
Its exterior is meticulously crafted to please the eye, displaying a dynamic colour range (Mocha red and Astral blue) as it moves between light and shadow. With its combination of original design and cutting-edge IMT gradient construction, no two angles will ever look the same.
Thanks to its front 25MP AI Front Camera, with just a click of its shutter, the RX17 Neo’s 25MP camera can instantly recognize 296 facial features while running microsecond analysis of a person’s complexion. The camera is backed up by an AI algorithm, which uses more than eight million reference points to ensure every dimension is brought into focus.
A dual rear camera makes it easy to shoot and edit photos at the press of a button. With smart recognition for 16 different scene types and AI-enhanced portrait mode with natural depth effects, it is like having powerful desktop-like photo editing software in the pocket.
The RX17 Neo is built for fun from the inside out. It also comes with optimised versions of games like “Arena of Valor” and “PUBG: Mobile”, providing fluid gameplay that will not run the battery down. New to the ColorOS 5.2 operating system, OPPO’s Smart Bar lets users toggle through apps and functions with effortless freedom. Its new Music on Display means the screen can be turned off and still play music, video audio, or other media.