On the 2nd part of my 3 part series of EXSI Server on VMware Player I will be going over VMware’s vCenter Converter standalone client on how to obtain the software, the Installation, and Basic Use of the application.
vCenter Converter Standalone is a free download from VMware’s site that has many uses that is not just limited to converting your old physical machine’s operating system into a virtual machine. Converter standalone can also convert other Virtual Machine products other than its own; as of this writing the following virtual platforms can be converted to either a VMware application and/or EXSI Server platform…
· Physical Machines
· VMware Virtual Machine (.vmx)
· VMware Consolidated Backup (.vmx)
· Microsoft Virtual PC or Virtual Server virtual machines (.vmc)
· Symantec LiveState Recovery Image (.sv2i)
· Acronis True Image Backup (.tib)
· StorageCraft ShadowStor (.spf)
· Parallels Virtualization Products (.pvs)
· Hyper-V Virtual Machines
In the video demonstration tutorial I will be cover the converting of VMware Player/Workstation Virtual Machines to our EXSI Server that we built in Part 1 of my 3 part series.
Click the Link below to begin the tutorial.
EXSI Server on VMware Player Part 1 – The Installation
EXSI Server on VMware Player Part 3 – The Upgrade