Today Candy Crush Saga celebrates one year to the day since its global hit game, launched on mobile devices and became one of the most successful games of all time. To mark this anniversary, King has shared a number of incredible key milestones since the game launched and the very first details for a host of new upcoming additions.
Installed over half a billion times across Facebook and mobile devices, the deliciously colourful game which challenges players to match sweets in a combination of three or more, has become a phenomenon the world over and remains one of the most played titles across the globe.
To celebrate the anniversary, the communities’ huge achievements and to say a big thank you to all the Candy Crush fans worldwide, King will be launching a range of new updates and in-game anniversary treats over the coming weeks.
“The past year has been one of the most exciting times for King since Candy Crush Saga launched on mobile,” says Tommy Palm, Games Guru at King. “The incredible milestone of more than half a billion downloads of the game, as well as the continued enthusiasm from our community, really delights the entire King team. Fans can look forward to even more exciting new Candy Crush Saga content over the coming months, including an exciting new twist to the game.”
To mark the festivities, King has also now shared some insights into the playing trends and habits of their Candy Crush Saga fans worldwide:
- Over 150 billion individual games have been played to date
- 61 per cent of UK Candy Crush Saga fans say that they play whilst on their daily commute on public transport, while 78 per cent of US fans revealed that they enjoy switching-and-matching most whilst watching the TV.
- One in every 23 Facebook users worldwide is now a fan of Candy Crush Saga
- The most popular time that fans play Candy Crush Saga is between the hours of 6-9pm in the evening, and Sundays are the favourite day to play.
- Level 65 is the most notorious for being the level that people got most stuck on but also generates the most excitement and celebrations once completed.
Fans of the game can join the anniversary celebrations on the Candy Crush Saga Facebook and Twitter pages: #candycrush1year
Players can also download Candy Crush Saga now for free from iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Appstore or play it on Facebook.