We are big fans of both Synology NAS boxes and DVBLink so when we heard about the new DVBLink product suite for Synology NAS we couldn’t help but smile.
DVBLink product suite for Synology NAS turns your Synology NAS into a personal video recorder. With the support for satellite (DVB-S/S2), Cable (DVB-C and QAM) and terrestrial (DVB-T/T2 and ATSC) reception DVBLink TV Server will record your favorite TV programs in original quality directly to a hard disk of your Synology NAS and distribute live and recorded TV throughout your house.
DVBLink TV Server makes sure that you never miss your favourite programs again – browse the EPG and manage timer recordings while you are on the go using free DVBLink apps for iOS, Android and WinPhone mobile devices.
Functionality at a glance
- Record your favorite TV programs in original quality directly to a NAS hard disk
- Access live and recorded TV content in your home network on hardware and software DLNA clients (DLNA-enabled TVs, PlayStation3, WD Live TV etc.)
- Watch live and recorded TV using DVBLink XBMC addon for XBMC running on Windows, Linux or Mac platforms
- Watch live and recorded TV programs on your Boxee Box using DVBLink Boxee client
- Watch live and recorded TV on your iPad or iPhone using a compatible DLNA client
- Stream live and recorded TV to PCs, running Windows MediaCenter
- Browse EPG and manage timer recordings while you are on the go using free DVBLink apps for iOS, Android, WinPhone mobile devices and feature-rich web interface
- Get the most complete program information for your TV channels – program information from the TV stream, xmltv feed or a premium EPG services of Digiguide, EpgData.com or TimeFor.TV
Supported Synology x86 NAS models:
DS1010+, DS1511+, DS2411+, DS411+, DS411+II, DS710+, DS712+, RS2211+, RS2211rp+, RS810+, RS810rp+, DS1512+, DS1812+, DS2413+, DS412+, RS2212+, RS2212rp+, RS812+, RS812rp+
*DSM 4.0 or higher is required