Last month saw a number of Christmas in July events. These are designed to showcase all the cool and interesting things coming for Christmas. At the Amazon Christmas Wish List event several things caught my eye, including a Star Wars Scalextric–Battle of Endor set.
Scalextric embraces the worlds of Star Wars with a 1:32 scale Scalextric Start set. Famous characters and iconic vehicles are faithfully reproduced in precise detail, with speeder bikes on the woodland scene printed track. On over four metres of track race two Speeder Bikes piloted by Luke Skywalker and a Scout Trooper across the printed woodland scene track and duck through the card accessories depicting the famous scene from Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.
- Skill level hand throttles–twist the dial on the side for the novice setting so that cars won’t come off the track or set it to advanced for more skill-based realistic racing.
- 4.3 metres of track (170 cm x 170 cm of space required).
- Track-side features depicting some of the film’s most famous scenes.
- Carefully painted and detailed models of Luke Skywalker and a Biker Scout ride Speeder Bikes built for easy change pick-ups and Magnatraction.
- 1 x Transformer
- 1 x Straight Track/Power Base Assembly M
- 1 x Straight Track
- 8 x Curved Track
- 2 x Hand Controller
- 1 x Speeder Bike Luke Skywalker
- 1 x Speeder Bike Scout Trooper
- 4 x Card Piece
- 1 x Pack Of 4 Braid Plates
- 1 x Leaflets Pack
- 7 x Support Foot Large
- 1 x Instruction Leaflet
This was really fun to play – I had to literally drag myself away from it!
The cost of this scaletric kit is £99.99 – why didn’t they have this when I was a kid?
What do you think of it? Let us know by leaving a comment below.