There has been another beta build from CoveCube! StableBit DrivePool development marches on – now its version 126.96.36.19926.
Here is how CoveCube describes this application:
- Combine all your hard drives into one big storage pool (except the system drive with the OS).
- Add and remove drives from the pool at any time without re-partitioning or manually moving folders.
- Create duplicated folders on the storage drive pool that are protected against single drive failure. If a drive fails on which a duplicated file was stored, the contents of that file will remain readable even without the drive.
- All your data is stored in standard NTFS files. You can always access your files even if the Windows Home Server completely crashes or this add-in can’t be used.
This beta version’s change log:
* Final release build.
* Major new items since last release (1.0.1): – Improved read striping algorithm. – Network I/O prioritization for smoother streaming video. – Fast drive removal (option) for setups with many duplicated folders. – Improved balancing algorithm which will actively keep drives from getting full. – Many CoveFS changes / fixes, including an overhauled buffering and an updated locking model.