FireCore have today released an update to its ATV Flash software for the Apple TV 2, taking it to version 1.7 and bringing with it trakt.tv.
This is what FireCore posted on their blog tonight:
Today we are happy to release aTV Flash (black) 1.7 which, among other things, features seamless access to trakt.tv. trakt.tv is a free service that automatically tracks the movies and TV shows you watch, and provides recommendations for related content you may find interesting.
trakt.tv Scrobbling and Ratings
With our trakt.tv integration on the Apple TV, watched movies and TV shows are automatically ‘scrobbled’ back to your trakt.tv profile. You will also have the option to submit ratings for each video right from the Apple TV menu. Support for 2-way sync is also in the works, and will be available in a future version.
To learn more about trakt.tv, or to signup for a free account, please visit http://trakt.tv/.
- Added trakt.tv integration (scrobbling and ratings)
- Added localized movie poster art
- Added localized movie ratings
- Added AirControl (beta) – an open control API for Apple TV
- Added support for embedded DVB subtitles
- Added advanced read-ahead buffering for SMB and NFS shares
- Added Simplified Chinese translation
- Added ‘Update All’ option
- Added support for secure web logins
- Improved metadata fetching speed
- Improved video rotation detection for MOV files
- Improved support for YUVJ420 & YUVJ422 formats (used by digital cameras)
- Improved top-level menu layouts
- Resolved crash when accessing ISO files on certain shares
- Resolved potential streaming issues when using an unstable network
- Resolved AFP related memory management issues
- Other minor improvements & fixes
Great! Where can I get it?
If you’re already running a version of aTV Flash (black) the new 1.6 version can be installed through the Maintenance –> Manage Extras menu. Links for the new version can also be found in your account under the Downloads tab.
If you’re new to aTV Flash (black) you can learn about all the great benefits here.
Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.