Archos today introduced the ARCHOS 97 carbon, the first of its new tablet range called “ELEMENTS”, an entry-level line up of 7, 8, and 9.7 inch tablets that combine ARCHOS design and engineering with full access to Google Play and a full suite of Google apps at an affordable price.
Equipped with the latest mobile technology and an elegant aluminum finish, the ARCHOS 97 Carbon is only 618 grams and 11.4mm thick. Its sharp and clear IPS multi-touch screen delivers amazing vivid colours and impressive wide viewing angles. For the smoothest interface experience, ARCHOS has powered this tablet with a fast 1GHz processor, 1GB of RAM while running AndroidTM 4.0 “Ice Cream Sandwich”.
Combining very high performance hardware, intuitive software and affordability, this Google Play supported device will be available starting in July 2012 for £219.99 SRP.
“We wanted to introduce a new series that not only combines affordability with a new slim design, but features the best that Google has to offer,” says Henri Crohas, ARCHOS Founder and CEO. “With the ELEMENTS series we have done just that. It’s the perfect balance of hardware, software optimization and content through the Google PlayTM ecosystem.”
· 9.7” 5x Multi-Touch Screen with IPS technology
· Optimized for Google Play: Over 600,000 apps apps and games, the world’s largest collection of eBooks and thousands of movies.
· A complete media device, the ARCHOS 97 carbon can decode full 1080p HD video and can send a 1080p HD video to an HDTV via the HDMI-out port
· Stylish design with premium aluminum finish and a 11.4mm thickness
· Front and back camera
· Includes 16GB of internal flash memory, expandable both via the microSD slot (supporting SDHC cards up to 32GB) or via a USB flash drive in its full-sized USB host port
· Includes access to Android apps from Google, including Gmail, Google Talk,Google+ , Google Maps, YouTube and 5GB of free cloud storage with Google Drive.
· Pre-loaded with Office Suite Viewer for reading office documents, a demo of World of Goo – the critically acclaimed puzzle game, as well as News Republic and Brief Me to manage your world news and customized social media feeds
For more information about the ARCHOS Elements line visit www.ARCHOS.com