- Advertisement -
In the next few weeks, Amazon will be releasing an update for its £89 Kindle, bringing with it a number of new features, including parental controls.
This is what is including in the new update:
- Improved reading font that is higher contrast and crisper so that you can enjoy a paper-like reading experience.
- Parental Controls that allow you to restrict access to the Experimental Web Browser, Archived Items, and the Kindle Store.
- Support for books with complex layouts and formats with Kindle Format 8.
- Support for children’s books with Kindle Text Pop-Up and comic books with Kindle Panel View (which allows you to read a comic book panel by panel). Books that support these features will be available in the Kindle store over the next few weeks.
- Dictionaries grouped into a collection in Home and Archived Items called “Dictionaries” for better organization.
- Improved table and image viewing (panning and zooming) on supported titles.
This update will be delivered automatically over Wi-Fi, so keep your eyes open for it. This update is only for Kindle and not compatible with Kindle Keyboard or Kindle Touch.Check out Dan’s review of the Kindle here