Clip, Connect, Drive
The SuperTooth HD BlueTooth Car Speakerphone is one of the best in-car Bluetooth speaker devices. Featuring dual speakers, dual microphones and easy-to-use large controls, the SuperTooth HD is well designed and provides excellent audio quality, both incoming and outgoing. In this video, I demonstrate the device and some of its basic functions.
That demonstration doesn’t cover the SuperTooth HD’s more advanced features. There are some out-of-the-box features, and some premium subscription features, but the included features are enough to make this a worthwhile purchase on their own. The ready-to-go features include:
- Strong magnetic detachable sun visor clip – leave the clip there, take the HD with you.
- Twin Speaker V Array Technology® for enhanced audio power.
- Dual speakers, noise cancellation and dual microphones.
- Large volume control with push-to-dial and voice command features.
- Day/night automatic interface light dimming.
- Talk time: 20 hours. Standby time: 1000 hours. Charging time: 3 hours (via in-car or normal USB, provided)
- Six interface languages: UK and US English, French, Spanish, Italian and German.
- True multipoint connection – connect two phones simultaneously. Useful if you have a business and a personal phone.
- Firmware upgrade support via USB cable.
- Voice commands:
- “Check battery”
- “Am I connected?”
- “What can I say?”
- “Voice dial”
- “Redial last number”
- “Call home”
- “Call office”
- “Call voicemail”
- “Call emergency”
- “Call contact 1”
- “Call contact 2”
- “Call contact 3”
- “Call contact 4”
- “Call contact 5”
“Voice dial” taps into your phone’s native voice dialling functions. You can also set up contacts in your phone’s contact list which have specific names (described in the instruction booklet), which then allow you to use “call contact 1” and so on. When you have an incoming call, the device beeps and allows you to tell it to answer, reject or ignore the call.
Hands Free Assistant
The SuperTooth Handsfree Assistant feature composes and sends SMS, e-mails, Facebook messages and Twitter notes by using your voice. The SuperTooth HD can also read incoming SMS and e-mails (for Androids and BlackBerrys only). This service is powered by Dial2Do. This is a premium service, but the device currently comes with a free 6-month subscription (in the UK).
Connected Digital World Score
This is the clearest, most feature-rich bluetooth speakerphone I’ve ever used, which is why it gets a CDW Gold Award – 5 out of 5. If you need to talk on the move, you need one of these!
Price on Amazon
The SuperTooth HD sells for around £50 on amazon.co.uk.Learn more from the SuperTooth website