- Advertisement -
Samsung have released the S Pen SDK version 2.0 for use with the Galaxy Note.
What is the S Pen ?
- It is an input device for the Samsung Galaxy Note that enables quicker and more precise input than existing stylus pens. It can be used more like an actual pen because the precise pen pressure is recognized..
What is the S Pen SDK ?
- The S Pen SDK allows you to easily implement drawing features, utilizing the S Pen for your Galaxy Note application. This SDK provides an easy-to-use CanvasView specialized for the S Pen, and two types of popup windows to configure the pen and eraser. In addition, various useful features to handle the CanvasView are included.
In 2.0 release :
- The SCanvasView Class inherited from CanvasView has been added.
: Using this class and method, developers can animate their drawings and record/play audio files over it.
: Special effects such as scratch, mosaic, blur, sketch, etc are supported.
- SAMM (Samsung Animated Multimedia Messaging) Library Class has been added.
: SAMM is the library encoding/decoding of multimedia data supporting drawing, text, stamp, icon,
snapshot image, voice and data exchange between apps using the same SDK.
- Several improvements have been made in drawings.
: Stroke and segmentation rendering have been enhanced.
: Undo function after clear all has been added.
: Developers can now add image and text to the CanvasView.
- Sample source is added for new features.
- Defects in SDK 1.5 have been corrected.
: Errors occurred when exporting the package with proguard have been fixed.
Our review of the Samsung Galaxy Note should be live in a day or two.