Earlier we told you that the beta of the new DSM 4 software from Synology would be out on Monday, now we have a video of it in action.
Some of the additions and improvements include:
- iSCSI LUN backup software is included- saving thousands in licensing fees
- Enhanced ADS/ACL support- edit and audit ACLs quickly and easily within DSM, regardless of OS
- Flexible notification system, allowing granular control of alerts and delivery methods (email, IM, push notifications)
- Improved Apple support- added support for Airport Express/Extreme and integration with
iCloud saves time in configuration
- Scheduled SMART scans to keep admins in the know before problems arise
- Revamped GUI with powerful and intuitive tools to improve work flow for both novice and advanced users
- Improved Package Management- most applications (ie. Photo Station, Surveillance Station, etc.) are now packages, added at need
- Antivirus package- free antivirus scanning for the DiskStation
- Enhanced mobile support- updated apps for iOS, Android (including tablets), and Amazon Kindle Fire
As promised, here is a short video of DSM 4 in action:
And don’t forget that the beta will be available on Monday, so check here then!