Back in August we told you about StarTech launching a new USB HDMI video adaptor. Now it’s time for our review.
The USB2HDMI USB to HDMI External Video Adapter (Dual or Multi Monitor with Audio) turns an available USB 2.0 port into an HDMI output, with high resolution video support (up to 1920×1080) and audio.
The USB HDMI adapter can be used to mirror your primary desktop, showing the same image on each display, or to extend your desktop to double your workspace and increase your productivity. This external graphics card is a cost-saving multi-monitor or dual display solution, for either laptop or desktop applications, offering the ability to connect an additional HDMI (or DVI) enabled display to your computer setup without the hassle of opening the computer case to install a new video card.
- Quick and easy installation
- Supports resolutions up to 1920×1080
- USB-powered – No external power adapter required
- Choose between Mirrored, Extended or Primary display configurations
- Driver software supports display rotation
- Supports the Windows® Aero interface
- Supports 2-channel (Stereo) audio
- Add a secondary display adapter and extend your desktop display without taking apart your computer to install a new video card
- Connect multiple monitors to a single computer, to create engaging multimedia presentations
- Use the adapter to connect your PC to your television for showing family pictures and movies
- Great for researchers and writers offering the ability to have reference material on one display and a working document copy on the other
- Increase productivity by running multiple applications on different screens, check your email on one display and search the web on the other
- View large or multiple spreadsheets across multiple displays
- A compact, lightweight solution for traveling business associates using laptop PCs, enabling connection to a secondary display/projector
Who are StarTech?
From their website:
StarTech.com is your one-stop source for every connectivity part you need. From the latest technology to legacy products — and all the parts that bridge the old and new — we can help you find the parts that connect your solutions.
We make it easy to locate the parts, and we quickly deliver them wherever they need to go. Just talk to one of our tech advisors or visit our website. You’ll be connected to the products you need in no time.
What’s in the Box?
Along with the adaptor is a manual, a driver CD and a cable.