If you are in the market for a Windows PC that’s as slim as a MacBook Air then you may want to take a look at the ASUS ZENBOOK UX31E Ultrabook – and here is our review.
- Incredible 3mm at the front and 9mm at the rear
- Spun metal and hairline aluminum for incredible beauty
- ASUS exclusive Super Hybrid Engine II with instant on 2-second resume, four to five times the standby time, automatic data backup and recovery, and 25% longer battery life!
- SATA Revision 3.0 solid state drive and USB 3.0 incredible speed of data transfer rates
- SonicMaster technology co-developed with Bang & Olufsen ICEpower® increases audio performance with lifelike surround impact
- The latest Intel® Core™ processors
Who Are ASUS?
ASUS, the world’s top 3 consumer notebook vendor and the maker of the world’s best-selling and most award winning motherboards, is a leading enterprise in the new digital era. ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today’s digital home, office and person, with a broad portfolio that includes motherboards, graphics cards, optical drives, displays, desktops, Eee Box and all-in-one PCs, notebooks, netbooks, tablet devices, servers, multimedia and wireless solutions, networking devices, and mobile phones. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS won 3,398 awards in 2010, and is widely credited with revolutionising the PC industry with the Eee PC™. With a global staff of more than 10,000 and a world-class R&D team of 3,000 engineers, the company’s revenue for 2010 was around US$10.1 billion.
What is an Ultrabook?
Intel describe the Ultrabook:
Built with the energy-efficient 2nd generation Intel Core processor, Ultrabook adapts to your needs and wakes up in a flash.
At less than an inch thick, Ultrabook is the ultra-thin device that’s ready to go wherever and whenever you are.
With built-in visuals and smart multitasking for the performance and capabilities you expect.
What’s in the Box?
The box contains the UX31E, some manuals, cable ties, power supply, case, mini VGA adaptor and Ethernet adaptor (both with a little case).