FireCore have just released an update to it’s Media Player application, taking it to version 0.94. If you have ATV2, go update now!
Here is what FireCore posted:
Happy Wednesday! To help get you through the rest of the week we’ve got a freshly baked version of Media Player that includes a few new goodies. More details on what’s included can be found below.
What’s new in version 0.9.4?
- Added new folder artwork in Grid View
- Added loop and shuffle playlist options
- Added TV Show series cover art in Grid View and Top Shelf
- Added top to bottom and right to left navigation in grid view
- Added global settings for enabling/disabling subtitles
- Added support for large photo collections
- Added support for folders containing dot (‘.’) in their name
- Added (watched) view options in List View (use Play/Pause button to switch mode)
- Improved metadata caching logic
- Improved TV Show filename parsing
- Improved Grid View stability
- Improved metadata fetching speed
- Resolved issues with audio file metadata fetching
- Resolved issues with chapter selection screen layout observed on short files
- Resolved issues with metadata reloading in Grid View
- Resolved issues with TV Shows aired date
- Resolved issues with hangs on certain DVD menus
- Resolved minor memory management issues
- Resolved issues with scrolling in Top Shelf
- Resolved issues with folder names overlapping in Grid View
- Minor UI improvements
Nice! How do I get it?
With aTV Flash (black) installed, Media Player 0.9.1 can be downloaded on your ATV2 through the Maintenance –> Manage Extras menu. If you need to re-install aTV Flash (black) links for the latest version can be found under the Downloads tab in your account.
New users can pre-order aTV Flash (black) here.