As well as the Android app for the cloud backup service CrashPlan has been updated to version 1.0.1, the iOS app has also been updated.
Get Your Files On The Go
If you’re already backing up with award-winning, cross-platform CrashPlan+, you know that it’s great to automatically and securely back up online and to local drives. You also have the peace of mind knowing that you can restore anytime, anywhere. But did you know that you can securely get your files on the go with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad?
With CrashPlan’s mobile app, you can retrieve anything that you’ve backed up online to CrashPlan Central. Just browse your online backup and tap the files to download to your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. There’s no waiting for each file to finish before you select another.
After your files download to your device, you can use your compatible apps to open, view, edit, even share them via email. You can also save pictures to the Photos app. And if you’ve got iOS 5, you can even play music and videos that you’ve retrieved from your online backup archive. Best of all, One-touch Update lets you get the latest version of your downloaded files.
– Browse folders and files in your archive
– Download and view as many files as you want
– Securely access your files with your account password
– Learn of file updates at-a-glance and get the latest version with just a click
(NOTE: Files protected with the private password or private key options are not supported in this release.)
What’s New in Version 1.0.1
Release 1.0.1 Changes:
* Supports iOS 5, which allows you to play your music and video files
* The app now remembers the contents of your download queue after you sign out, and resumes downloading the next time you sign in
* Improved previewing of large images
* Directories with a large number of files now display much faster
* Various stability and caching improvements
* The app no longer stops operating for users with an “active” device on CrashPlan Central but no archive
* The network activity control more accurately reflects connection status
* Download progress meter is more accurate
* iPad rotation and popover menu issues fixed
* The app no longer mistakenly displays an error message even when signing in correctly
* The “Open in…” command sometimes opened the wrong file
* iPad file preview displays properly after viewing “About this app” screen