Would you like a DVB T2 USB tuner? If so, take a look at our review of the PCTV Systems pctv nanoStick T2.
PCTV nanoStick T2 is the world’s first DVB-T2 (Freeview HD in the UK) receiver and turns your PC and laptop into an HDTV PVR. The included TVCenter application lets you time shift and record TV shows and even stream SD live-TV and TV recordings to your iPhone, iPad or other PCs and Macs. PCTV nanoStick T2 is fully backward compatible to DVB-T (Freeview) and delivers outstanding reception for both standards. Other features include support for Windows Media Center (DVB-T only). DVB-T antenna, USB extension cable and mini remote control are included.
- Watch TV in full-screen or scalable window
- Use time shifting to pause and rewind live TV
- Record your favourite shows or schedule future recordings
The included DistanTV software lets you stream Live-TV and TV recordings to your iPhone and iPad. You can even schedule TV recordings over the Internet with your smart phone. DistanTV works in your home network (W-LAN) as well as over the Internet (Wi-Fi hotspot and 3G).
Who are PCTV Systems
From their website:
The PCTV Systems brand stands for high quality and innovative products in the TV Viewing and Digital home marketplace.
The portfolio covers external (USB) and internal (PCI) TV tuner products for analog and digital TV reception on PC and MAC. Product development and quality management is driven by the product development group located in Braunschweig, Germany.
One major goal for the company is to develop well designed hardware and software solutions which enable customers to use the products without a deep knowledge of technologies. We are dedicated to satisfy our users with state of the art solutions.
- Supported TV standards:
- DVB-T2, DVB-T
- VHF-/UHF band
- Stereo / dual channel sound
- Antenna input: MCX connector
- PC-interface: USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed)
TV recording formats
- MPEG-1 (off-line trans-coding)
- MPEG-2 transport stream
- MPEG-4 H.264 (AVC)
- MPEG-4 compatible with PSP/iPod (try&buy)
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows Vista with latest Service Pack, 1 GB RAM
- Or Windows XP (32 bit) with latest Service Pack, 512 MB RAM
- Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz, Pentium M 1.3 GHz or equivalent AMD Athlon XP
- For HDTV: 2,6 GHz multi core processor
- Hard disk with min. 1 GB free capacity (20 GB free capacity recommended)
- Sound and graphics with support for DirectX 9 or higher
- USB 2.0 port
- CD/DVD drive for software installation
- Recommended: Internet connection for software updates and activations
What’s in the Box?
Along with the PCTV nanoStick, there is a passive mini-rod antenna with magnetic foot, remote control with batteries, antenna adaptor, USB cable, installation CD and quick start guide.
The remote is tiny – just take a look at the size compared to my trusty iPhone 4.