One of my many meetings at CES 2011 was with a Swedish company called Fractal Design. You may have heard of them – they make very cool looking cases, but that’s not all they do!
Who Are Fractal Design?
This is how Fractal Design describe themselves:
The concept – Design
The concept of Fractal Design is to provide products with an extraordinary design level, without compromising the important factors of quality, functionality and pricing. The computer of today has come to play a central role in most people’s home, creating a demand for appealing design of the computer itself and its accessories.
Our main product areas are computer enclosures, power supplies, cooling, and Media Center-products, such as Home Theatre-enclosures, keyboards and remote controls.
Designed and engineered in Sweden
All Fractal Design products have been thoroughly designed, tested and specified in our Swedish head quarter. The well known ideas of scandinavian design can be found through all of our products; a minimalistic but yet striking design – less is more.
Visions and goals
Our vision is to have a constant, healthy growth together with our partners worldwide. Our goal is to be widely recognized for our designed products and to have them available in all major market regions within EU and US. We should be a good alternative to the already established retail brands of today. It’s of great importance for us that our partners understand the values of Fractal Design, therefore we are putting great effort into choosing the right partners from the start. We will work actively to maintain sales territories and profitable business for our partners.
The way to reach our goals
In the competitive market of today, it’s not enough to just provide excellent products. Regular and well planned marketing activities in close cooperation with the channel and the available media, are keypoints to succeed. We are well experienced in marketing brands in the IT business, and we will use this to create efficient marketing tools – to gain a bigger market share and good earning possibilities for our channel.
Fractal Design have three main series of computer cases – the Array, the Arc and the Define series. Each of these cases are aimed at a slightly different audience depending on their needs – for example if you want a quiet case, or a case for maximum modifications.
I have to apologise again about the quality of some of the pictures – for some reason a few of the pictures came out a little blurry!
The Define Series
The Define series is reaching new heights in combining stylish, contemporary design with maximum functionality and noise absorbing features. The minimalistic, yet stunning front panel design, fitted with noise absorbing material on the inside, creates an aura of exclusivity.
- Stunning front panel design
- Patent pending ModuVent™ design, allowing the user to either have optimal silence or optimal airflow
- Pre-fitted with dense, noise absorbing material
- 6(!) white painted HDD-trays, with silicone mounting
- A total of 6 fan slots (2x120mm in front, 1x 120/140mm in top, 1x120mm in back, 1x 120/140mm in side panel, 1x 120mm in bottom)
- Two120mm Fractal Design 120mm fans included
- Fan controller for 3 fans included
- Upper HDD cage is removable and rotatable
- USB3 support in the front panel
- Excellent cable routing and cable routing covers
- Supports graphic cards with lengths up to circa 400mm when upper HDD bay is removed
- Extra, vertically mounted expansion slot, suitable for fan controllers or non-input expansion cards