Today sees the launch of the latest version of the fantastic media aggregator plugin for Windows Media Center, Media Browser, which is now at version 188.8.131.52.
Media Browser is a media aggregator plugin for Media Center that takes your recorded, digital, or ripped media and presents it in a simple, easyto use interface. Media Browser prides itself on delivering a fast, intuitive, mediarich experience for the whole family.
So what has changed you might ask:
The biggest highlight for version 2.3.0 is performance. Media Browser moved to a service based architecture.
This new architecture allows us to more efficiently scan your library. It also allows us to host service based plugins. On a personal note, Media Browser now feel so much more snappy on all my systems.
There are also a ton of other changes which are documented in the change log and the complete list on the tracker.
A few other highlights are:
- Fixes for broken podcast handling (you can watch TED again)
- Many fixes to the default theme, by Sinjen (you can reach the Now Playing window – at last)
- Prep work for Custom Intros prior to movies playing
- Better Media Info Icons and fixes by (chip)
- Startup is significantly faster, no more artificial lag when playing hd content
- Enhanced multi-version plugins support (ebr)
… and many more
I have just upgraded the version on my main media center and I have to say I have noticed an immediate improvement – well done guys!
You can download the latest version of Media Browser from here.
Comments are closed.