Yesterday Logitech announced a new addition to the ever increasing selection of devices that can be connected to your TV in order to bring new and exciting features. This one is called the Logitech Revue with Google TV.
Here is what Logitech say about the Revue in their press release:
Logitech Revue™ with Google TV™ is a two-piece system — a companion box and keyboard controller with integrated remote — that brings together TV, the full Web, apps, movies and more. Using a familiar layout, the keyboard controller lets anyone start searching without a learning curve. And because the Logitech Revue leverages Harmony® Link technology, it works with your existing HDTV, cable or satellite set-top box, AV receiver – even compatible DVRs. And getting set up couldn’t be simpler. Two HDMI cables and a broadband Internet connection is all it takes to turn your TV into a smart TV.
· Endless entertainment choices mean you can enjoy the full Web — including YouTube, Facebook® and Twitter™, apps such as Netflix and Logitech Vid™ HD, plus music, photos and games — right alongside your favorite TV programming.
· Intuitive control with the keyboard controller makes finding what you want to watch on your HDTV as easy as searching online. The controller includes:
o Touchpad that offers mousing controls
o Access to your cable guide, DVR content or live TV, volume controls
o Access to dual view mode
o DVR controls such as record, forward, back and pause
o Home button to get back to the Google TV main menu at one touch
· Embedded Logitech Harmony® Link technology lets you control your IR entertainment devices in your entertainment system from your keyboard controller.
· Simple HDMI setup turns your TV into a smart TV in just minutes. Just connect Logitech Revue to your TV and get ready to enjoy TV, the full Web, apps, movies and more all from the comfort of your couch.
· Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity gives you the flexibility to connect to your high-speed Internet wirelessly or with a cable.
· Logitech® Unifying wireless technology lets you connect other compatible wireless devices without filling up the USB ports on the Logitech Revue companion box.
· Works with other Logitech accessories, such as a Logitech TV Cam for HD video calling.
· HDTV with HDMI port
· Cable, satellite or telco box with HDMI out
· High-speed Internet access (Wi-Fi or Ethernet)
· HDMI cable
· Keyboard controller(WxHxD)
o Dimensions: 122 mm x 24 mm x 334.6 mm
o Weight: 289 g
· Logitech Revue companion box (WxHxD)
o Dimensions: 247 mm x 171 mm x 36.1 mm
o Weight: 600 g
· HDMI input: 1080p/60fps, 1.3a w/ CEC
o Wireless: 802.11a/b/g/n
o Wired: Ethernet 10/100 Base-T
· Audio optical output (S/PDIF)
· Two USB 2.0 ports
· Integrated Logitech Harmony® Link IR blaster
· Logitech Unifying wireless technology
1-year limited hardware warranty
 Logitech Revue with Google TV can control up to three IR devices from the keyboard controller – a TV, AVR and set-top box.
 Logitech Revue with Google TV comes with one HDMI cable in the package.
 Optical cable not included
 for A/V device control
You can pre-order the Logitech Revue right now from Amazon for $299.99.
It certainly looks like a very interesting little device – and there are quite a few similar devices, such as the Apple TV appearing, so it will be interesting to see just how good they really are.
This comes with a keyboard controller, but you can buy a more interesting one – more on that shortly, along with some other extra components to enhance your experience.
You can see more about the Revue on the Logitech website including a number of videos that are worth taking the time to watch.
Watch this space for the UWHS hands on review.