Ian over at the Digital Lifestyle.com has just released the Media Center Show podcast number 245.
This weeks show is really interesting if you using, or thinking of using DVBLink and Windows Home Server together. It’s on my list of things to do (sorry Tim, I know I said I would do it already!)
Here’s what Ian has to say about this weeks show:
This week Garry Whittiker and Jason Coombes join me to discuss networked tuners using DVBLink, Jason has all his tuners pooled in a Windows Home Server and then is using DVBLink to distribute the tuners around the network. Its an interesting solution and takes us closer to having a centralised TV tuner system. Jason is also streaming TV via DLNA to devices like PS3 and over the internet.
I have a round up of the weeks news including Extender speculation and updates for Windows 7 Media Center
- ITV HD in Media Center
- XBMC Integration Integrates XBMC with Windows 7 Media Center
- Video: First look at Avermedia’s AverTV Volar USB Video Capture
- 2010: The Year AACS and HDMI Kill Off Component Video
- EngadgetHD speculate on the future of Extenders
- Mediabrowser 188.8.131.52 (ThunderBlade) Released.
- February 2010 Windows Media Center Cumulative Update for Windows 7
- Windows 7 Media Center update fixes 3rd party apps issue
- Garry’s Blog
Click here to listen to the show, or download it : http://thedigitallifestyle.com/cs/blogs/ian/archive/2010/02/25/the-media-center-show-245-networked-tuners.aspx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheDigitalLifestyle+%28The+Digital+Lifestyle+and+Media+Center+Show%29