Nokia just announced Nokia 3, its Android smartphone at the MWC 2017 in Barcelona. It has a 5-inch HD 2.5D sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass display, is powered by a quad-core MeditaTek MT6737 processor, runs on stock Android 7.0 (Nougat), with a 8-megapixel rear and front auto focus cameras, LED flash for rear and screen flash for the front-facing camera.
It has dual SIM support, comes with 2GB RAM versions and packs a 2650mAh battery.
Nokia 3 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass display, 450 nits brightness
- 1.3GHz Quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit Processor with Mali T720 MP1 GPU
- 2GBGB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) OS
- Dual SIM / Single SIM
- 8MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 8MP autofocus front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 143.4 x 71.4 x 8.48 mm
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2650mAh battery
The Nokia 3 comes in Silver White, Matte Black, Tempered Blue and Copper White colors and starts at €139. It will go on sale globally starting from Q2 2017.
Now onto the Nokia 5 sports a 5.2-inch HD sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass display and as expected, the form fact of the smartphone resembles that of the old Lumia phones. Nokia claims that the device has a perfect 3D shape back, which is made up of single piece aluminium, which according to the company gives the phone added durability.
Another thing you would notice with the Nokia 5 design is that there are no antenna lines on the back – it has been moved to the top and the bottom of the phone. The back of the smartphone looks pure and clean.
Nokia 5 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor that offers good battery life and improved graphics performance. The mid-range smartphone has a NFC chip built in and has 16GB of storage with the ability to expand up to 128GB via microSD card slot. As one can expect, the Nokia 5 does feature a fingerprint sensor.
Moving on to the camera section, the lead role in the Nokia 5 is taken by a 13 megapixel sensor and the shooter assemble features a dual-tone flash. On the front, there’s an 8 megapixel wide-angle lens in charge of capturing selfies.
The new Nokia 5 comes with Android Nougat on board, Nokia is promising regular updates with new features and security patches.
The Nokia 5 is priced at €189 Euros and will be available as both single SIM and dual SIM variant. Nokia 5 will be up grabs in 4 colours options starting Q2 this year.
Last but not least is the Nokia 6 which including a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 processor, 16-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), 1.0um sensor, dual-tone LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. This runs stock Android 7.1.1 (Nougat).
The Nokia 6 has dual speakers, one on the top and other on the bottom of the device, smart dual amplifier chips (TFA9891) offering 6dB louder sound and Dolby Atmos. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the home button and aluminium alloy unibody design. It has dual SIM support as well as a microSD expansion slot.
Nokia 6 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh built-in battery
Nokia 6 comes in Matte Black, Tempered Blue, Silver and Copper colours and is priced at €229 Euros.
The Nokia 6 Special Edition in Arte Black colour, 4GB RAM and 64GB storage is priced at €299, it will also will be available globally in Q2 2017.