British & Irish Lions tour of Australia ended in glorious victory over the Qantas Wallabies. For Rugby fans across the UK, there’s never been a better time to relive the magic of that brilliant series in the Southern Hemisphere.
Plus Rugby Challenge 2 doesn’t just end there, it offers a huge suite of club activities to play alongside the new Rugby Union season, including:- Aviva Premiership Rugby, RaboDirect PRO12, TOP 14, Pro D2, The ITM Cup and the Ranfury Shield.
“I am certain that fans of the Aviva Premiership and The RaboDirect Pro12, will get an even extra buzz from the coming new season, being able to play Rugby Challenge 2 with their fellow Rugby fans,” said Alternative Software’s Managing Director Roger Hulley.
With more licenses than any other rugby game in history, from players through to teams and tournaments, Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition offers more content, more authenticity and gets closer to the action more than ever before, with many new features, including:-
- Play in Single Match Mode, multi-team Competition Mode, a superb vastly expanded multi-year Career Mode, Tutorial Mode, or compete in online multiplayer with support up to 4v4 via PlayStation Network, Xbox LIVE, or Steam
- Refined and expanded gameplay with the addition of quick taps, quick lineouts, mauls from lineouts, interceptions, contesting ball at the breakdown, removing players from the ruck, number 8 scrum pickups, and dynamic in game team strategies on both attack and defence
- 110+ teams and 50+ stadia from around the world are featured, including official team competitions, Aviva Premiership Rugby, RaboDirect PRO12, TOP 14 , Pro D2, Super Rugby teams, the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Bledisloe Cup, Barbarians FC, Combined Country, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield Plus of course, the competition and special match licenses for the victorious British and Irish Lions Tour of Australia
- More options to create or customise players, teams, and competitions, and change game rules and behaviour to shape the game to play how you want and keep the game fresh year after year
- Revamped sound and commentary systems, with real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Black turned commentator Justin Marshall, and French language commentary from Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard.
Developed by New Zealand based games developer Sidhe, and published by Tru Blu Entertainment, the sequel to Jonah Lomu’s Rugby Challenge it is the only videogame licensed by the British & Irish Lions 2013 Tour of Australia. Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition is sure to have all Rugby Union fans eagerly anticipating the start of the new Rugby season, more so than ever before.