If you are buying Far Cry 3 on the PC then there is a critical patch you will need to install before playing.
Patch 1.01 for Far Cry 3 on PC is a critical update that needs to be installed in order to benefit from an optimal game experience. The install is automatically triggered upon Uplay PC client restart or installation. If your Far Cry 3 PC game crashes upon launch, please restart the Uplay PC client and try again.
If you are still encountering issues, follow the process below:
1. Download the patch here.
2. Run the downloaded executable on your computer and follow the update process.
3. Boot you game from Uplay PC as usual.
If you still run into issues running the game after this, please get in touch with our customer support at http://support.ubi.com
Here’s what the patch fixes:
- Improved overall Multiplayer stability and performance.
- Added SHOW TOP, SHOW YOU, PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN options in Leaderboards.
- Fix the voice chat issue that would mute players by default.
- Lobby chat can now be accessed when a controller is connected.
- Fixed graphical issues on loading screen hints.
- Fixed the issue that would prevent maps from being displayed or randomized the first time a user enters Public Co-op.
- Health regeneration option no longer has inverted functionality.
- “Flare gun” kills are no longer considered as Assist kills.
- Fixed ground texture resolution.
- Grass surrounding fire spawns no longer remain red on Firestorm maps.
- Improved white objects thumbnails legibility.
- Users can now start a private match in 1 player on user created maps.
- Improved game stability and performance.
- Fixed issues with flickering on specific water textures.
- Fixed small UI glitches related to different display resolutions.
- “Weapon cache” mission: Mission Zone and Mission Marker no longer stays on mini-map and on screen after mission completion.
- Crafting items are now auto selected when entering a new crafting category.
- Added sound when zooming in and out the camera with the mouse scroll button
Far Cry 3 will be released this week, and if you pre-order now you get some cool bonus items.
Are you going to order the game? Let us know by leaving a comment below.Exclusive Far Cry 3 Single Player and Multiplayer gameplay footage Exclusive Far Cry 3 Interview with Dan Hay and Jamie Kean
We have been playing it for a few weeks now and expect our review shortly.