Last year we reviewed the TomTom app for the iPhone. Today saw and update that included iOS6 support.
What’s New in Version 1.12
– WORKS WITH iOS6: Don’t worry if you have already upgraded your iPhone or iPad to iOS6. This app is fully tested with iOS6 so you can update with confidence.
– OPTIMISED FOR iPhone 5
– LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom App update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.
– MORE TOMTOM PLACES – now available in more countries: Tap into TomTom Places, search results designed for drivers. Helping you find anything from a local petrol station to a supermarket, wherever you are. Type in your search word, find matching locations and let your app take you there. NOTE: When used, these features need to share your location in order to work. Full details can be found in the about screen of the app.
– WORKS WITH APPLE MAPS: When you find a place to visit using the Apple Maps app, TomTom can guide you there. Simply select TomTom as the routing app and enjoy world-class car navigation. (requires iOS6).
– HD TRAFFIC: Receive more accurate traffic jam locations, road closures and roadworks. The improved HD Traffic service helps you to get to your destination even faster.
– GOOGLE LOCAL SEARCH: due to the discontinuation of the Google Local Search service, TomTom has decided to remove the feature. You can still search for locations using TomTom Places. Alternatively you can search Google in your browser and use the Copied Address feature to plan routes to these locations.
Have you used it? What do you think of it?