Brian has just released an update for My Movies for iPad – its now at version 1.84.
What is My Movies for iPad?
My Movies for iPad allows you to catalog your entire movie collection from our high quality online data service containing data for more than 475,000 DVD, Blu-ray and HD DVD titles from various countries. If you have one or more titles that is not in our service, you can report it and it will be created within 48 hours by our staff.
If you would like to evaluate the application, you can install My Movies for iPad Free, which is a freely available identical version with the exception of it being limited to 50 titles, and only 10 items in release and trailer lists.
You can use My Movies for iPad as a standalone product by adding titles by barcode or title searches, use it along with My Movies for iPhone Light or Pro or use it as a companion to our My Movies software packages for Microsoft Windows, allowing you to keep your movie collection synchronized between all devices and clients.
My Movies for iPad requires you to create a user account, or log on to an existing My Movies account to be able to use the program. Your collection will follow your user account through our online servers, allowing you to switch between different clients without ever losing your data. If you log in to an existing My Movies account, your current collection will automatically be synchronized to your iPad, and users of My Movies for iPhone can use it’s batch barcode scanning functionality to quickly add titles and automatically have them synchronized to their iPad.
You can within the program activate an online collection website of your movie collection, allowing you to send friends and family a website that allows them to browse your entire collection.
With My Movies for iPad, you can keep track of movies you own, previously have owned, rented or movies you wish to purchase. Never again will you have to purchase or rent a movie twice. Users of My Movies for Windows Media Center can also use the application to start playback of movies on their Media Center.
– Add titles by barcode, title search or manual creation.
– Preview titles with complete details before adding to your collection.
– Add titles to different groups (Owned, Wished, Rented, …), and move titles between groups.
– Report missing titles to our staff to have the titles created in our service.
– Report incorrect data to our moderation team if you find an error in our database.
– View movie trailers for titles in your collection.
– Management loans to friends and family by selecting from contacts or typing name.
– High resolution front and back covers.
– Search your collection.
– Browse using our movie wall or list views with large or small thumbnails.
– Sort titles using advanced data options.
– View actors and directors with photos, biography and list of titles the person stars in.
– Update movie profiles from our service to always have the latest, most complete and accurate data.
– Create an online collection website to share with friends and family.
– Upload your collection directly from My Movies Windows software suite as an alternative to synchronize through our online servers.
– See weekly releases of titles on Blu-ray and DVD including all details and trailers. (Release lists are not complete in all countries).
– Start playback of movies in My Movies for Windows Media Center.
What’s New in Version 1.84
– Updated to support iOS 6
– Login screen did not look as expected on “New iPad”.
– Update for WMC remote functions auto-detection of host. (My Movies for WMC 4.04 Build 3 or later required).
– List UI customization could revert after app restart.
– Purchase prices could in some situations result in a slightly different value than what was entered.