Each time I clicked Continue I got a Runtime Error and the installation crashed.
I tried 3 different machines and got the same result, and I even downloaded the installation software from the WD website. But each time I got a runtime error.
After doing a bit of research, it appears the problem was that WD didn’t populate the default Software share on the box before it left the factory, and so it just crashes!
This is what I had to do to fix it:
1. Go to the WD link below to download the zip file:
2. Click on the Download now button
3. Save the zip file to your desktop and extract the files
4. You will then see the Software folder. **IGNORE all the other folders**
5. Open the Software folder
6. Copy all of the files in Software folder to the public/Software folder in the Duo.
Note: Delete any existing files in the public/Software folder first
So that’s is what I did – and it worked. But it took a while to do and was a pain!
So now we could run the setup again and continue with the install – this time it worked fine.
The last part is a list of 4 next step options.
Clicking on Open your My Book Live Duo option just opens the shares.