We told you about the Kingston Digital DataTraveler HyperX 3.0, their fastest ever USB Flash drive back in November. Now it’s time to review this bad boy.
The DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 is designed for enthusiasts, gamers, early adopters and high end consumers; it features the fastest speeds and largest capacities that Kingston has to offer in a USB Flash drive. Faster speeds and higher capacities enable users to quickly store their digital files and keep it with them at all times, in HyperX style.
Its high-speed eight-channel architecture provides USB 3.0 data transfer rates of up to 225MB/s read and 135MB/s write. Users can save time associated with opening, editing and copying large files and applications between devices. The fast write speeds also allow users to work on large files or applications directly from the USB 3.0 drive without performance lag.
DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 is backed by a five-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Who are Kingston Digital?
From their website:
Kingston has grown to be the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory enhancement products. Founded in 1987 by John Tu and David Sun, Kingston has grown from offering a single in-line memory module into an international company with over 2,000 products that support over 20,000 systems with sales exceeding $6.5 billion in 2010.
Reliability is the cornerstone of Kingston’s product strategy and contributes to the high degree of trust between Kingston and its customers. Kingston is dedicated to exceeding the industry standard when it comes to detail, product quality and product reliability.
- Capacities: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- USB 3.0: up to 225MB/s read and 135MB/s write
- USB 2.0: up to 30 MB/s read/write
- 8-Channel Architecture
- Backwards Compatible: with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 ports
- Solid/rugged design: durable metal and rubberized casing provides increased protection
- ReadyBoost Support
- Dimensions: 2.952″ x 0.916″ x 0.626″ (74.99mm x 23.29mm x 15.9mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Simple: just plug into any USB port
- Practical: durable casing with a solid lanyard loop
- Warranty: 5 Years
What’s in the Box?
The box contains the flash drive, some instructions and a key ring loop.
A Closer Look