Iomega Personal Cloud
Iomega® Personal Cloud is the revolutionary technology that allows you to protect and share your data. Iomega Personal Cloud is a patent-pending, web-based computing architecture that connects your Iomega StorCenter™ network storage devices to other individuals and/or devices via the Internet. Unlike public and private cloud applications, Iomega’s Personal Cloud technology is completely self-owned – so the content and accessibility is always under your control.
- Synchronization: Users around the globe can sync files directly between computers as though they were on a local network.
- Collaboration: Easily set up a shared workspace so that local and remote users can view and edit documents (spreadsheets, presentations, and word processing documents, for example) – especially useful for helping geographically dispersed workers collaborate.
- Sharing: Sending large files can quickly choke your company’s email system. And e-mailing sensitive files can raise security concerns. Iomega Personal Cloud offers functionality that makes it easy to securely copy and transfer large or confidential files.
- Security: Iomega Personal Cloud allows you to choose who has access to what data by invitation only. And, users can choose from three levels of security when sending data over a public network. At many smaller companies, locally stored files are at risk from theft, fire, software problems, and hardware failure. Cloud storage offers built in redundancy at every level: hard drive, server, and datacenter.
- Low Maintenance: Once the system is set up there is almost no maintenance. You still have to manage user accounts, but jobs like array maintenance and monitoring the health of your data storage simply go away.
- Archiving: Archiving older files to a remote StorCenter frees up space on your primary StorCenter device for day-to-day business needs. Less capacity required for primary storage saves you money.
- Backup: Keeping a redundant copy of your data in an offsite location ensures availability in the event of an unforeseen disaster. Remote backups can run in the background after business hours to eliminate network bottlenecks.
- Desktop, compact form factor
- CPU at 1GHz with 256MB RAM
- 2 x 3.5″ Easy-Swap SATA-II Hard Disk Drives
- RAID 1, JBOD
- 1 x RJ45 10/100/1000Mbps (GbE) Ethernet port. LAN standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
- 3 x USB 2.0 ports (to connect external HDD, printers, UPS, Bluetooth dongle)
- Client computers for file system access—Windows PC, Mac OS, Linux
- AC Voltage 100-240 VAC
- Power consumption – 5 Watts (min) – 19 Watts (max)
- Acoustic noise – 28 dB maximum
- Width: 3.7 in (94mm)
- Length: 8.0 in (203mm)
- Height: 5.6 in (141mm)
- Weight: 5 lbs (2.27 kg)
What’s in the Box?
- Iomega® StorCenter ix2-200 Network Storage
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supply
- Printed Quick Install Guide
- Solution CD