IOGEAR have just announced a wireless 3D digital kit for streaming your audio and video.
The latest A/V streaming kit wirelessly transmits 1080p HD / 3D video content and 5.1 digital audio up to 100 feet, through standard walls.
- Wireless 3D & HD audio / video streaming up to 100 ft.* away through standard home walls
- Multi-room – Delivers content to asecond location at the same time:
– Living room HDTV can connect to transmitters loop-through (local) port directly
– Bedroom HDTV can receive content from wireless receiver
- Connect and wirelessly transmit content from your 3D / Blu-ray / DVD player and DVR / Set-top box
- Wireless 3D support
- Wireless Full HD 1080p and 5.1 channel digital audio
- Video Resolutions: 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p (24 / 30 / 60fps)
- HDMI Inputs / Outputs :
2 x HDMI in
1 x HDMI out (loop-through local port)
1 x HDMI output
- Create the floating HDTV in almost any location such as bedroom, family room, living room, den, loft or kitchen
- Keep home theater electronic devices neatly out-of-sight
- Built-in IR allows the user control over their source devices that are hidden away in a different location
- No software or driver installation needed
- HDCP Compliant
*Distances may vary depending on environment; solid objects such as steel, concrete and brick may view shorter distances
Here is the press release:
Foothill Ranch, Calif. – November 8, 2011 – IOGEAR, a leader in convergence
through connectivity products, announces the Wireless 3D Digital Kit (GW3DHDKIT),
which reduces cable clutter and provides flexible and reliable 1080p HD and
3D content for up to two rooms. Relying on the 5GHz wireless spectrum, the Wireless
3D Digital Kit does not require a line-of-sight placement, and delivers uncompressed
full 1080p, 3D content and 5.1 digital audio up to 100 feet.
The IOGEAR Wireless 3D Digital Kit consists of a transmitter and receiver with
connections that allow it to stream standard, HD or 3D resolution content from
up to two HDMI® enabled devices. Included with the kit are an IR blast cable,
a remote control, and two power adapters. To add a second room, one HDTV can
connect directly to the transmitter’s loop-through (local) port, while a second
HDTV simultaneously receives content via the wireless receiver. A “Floating
HDTV” can be set up by connecting two HD or 3D media sources to the wireless
transmitter while a wall-mounted TV receives content from the connected wireless
The Wireless 3D Digital Kit is housed in a sleek black casing with rounded
edges, giving it a modern but understated appearance. The unobtrusive transmitter,
receiver, IR blast cable and remote control underscore just what a powerful
device the Wireless 3D Digital Kit really is. Streaming high-bandwidth 3D and
1080p content up to 100 feet is made possible by the use of 5GHz technology,
which is generally less susceptible to network interference and can carry more
data than its 2.4 GHz relative.
By supporting devices such as 3D Blu-ray and DVD players, DVR/set-top boxes
and game consoles, the Wireless 3D Digital Kit allows users to keep their components
neatly out-of-sight and keep the focus on their celebrated HD or 3D TVs. Perfect
as a DIY retrofit solution, the built-in Infrared (IR) pass-though allows user
control over source devices that are hidden away in a different location. Additionally,
the GW3DHDKIT is HDCP 2.0 Compliant and requires no software or driver installation.
“Our Wireless 3D Digital Kit advances the technology of streaming A/V
content and is a perfect fit for those who already have a 3D display or are
planning to get one,” said Bill Nguyen, Senior Marketing Manager for IOGEAR.
“The GW3DHDKIT offers an easy, affordable way to stream both HD and 3D
entertainment discretely with multiple retrofit and installation options.”
For its initial launch, the Wireless 3D Digital Kit will be available online
at Costco.com. A nationwide roll-out that includes shopIOGEAR.com, brick and
mortar retailers and online resellers will happen in later in Q4 2011. MSRP
of the Wireless 3D Digital Kit is $379.95.