Today saw FireCore release the latest version of it’s aTV Flash product, version 4.4, for the original Apple TV.
Here is what FireCore posted:
We are pleased to announce the release of aTV Flash version 4.4 for the original silver AppleTV. Included are a handful of new features, as well as compatibility updates for the latest iOS 5 and OS X 10.7 software. Read on for more details.
What’s new in 4.4?
- Added support for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
- Added NFS file streaming (Lion compatible)
- Remote HD: Added support for iOS 5 AirPlay streaming
- Remote HD: Added support for playing DRM protected media from iOS devices and iTunes via AirPlay
- Remote HD: Added support for doubleTwist + AirTwist add-on (AirPlay from Android devices)
- Remote HD: Added supports enhanced slideshows with music when streaming via AirPlay
- Updated metadata scrapers
- Resolved VPN setup issues
- Other miscellaneous fixes
Note: Remote HD’s AirPlay features require the Remote HD iOS app, which is sold separately. [iTunes Link]
How do I use the new NFS streaming feature?
Full details on setting up NFS streaming from Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) can be found here.
Great! Where can I get it?
aTV Flash version 4.4 is available through the Downloads tab in your account. If you’re already running aTV Flash on your AppleTV you can update through the Maintenance –> Manage Plugins menu.