An update to the TV tuner functionality in Windows Media Center is available for Windows 7.
Here is what the update says:
An update is available for Windows Media Center in Windows 7. This update fixes a deadlock issue that occurs when you use a TV tuner in Windows Media Center. When this issue occurs, you may experience one of the following symptoms:
- You receive an error message that resembles the following when there is no apparent tuner conflict:Tuner Conflict
- You receive an error message that resembles the following when there are available tuners:No tuner available to satisfy the current request
- The Windows Media Center Receiver Service (Ehrecvr.exe) stops responding and you have to restart the computer to recover this service.
- This issue may occur if you change channels fast and frequently (also known as “channel surfing”), in Windows Media Center.
- These symptoms may be caused by other issues that are not related to this update. For example, you may receive similar symptoms when you try to query current state of a TV tuner or of a malfunctioning hardware device.
All supported x86-based versions of Windows 7 Download the update package now.
All supported x64-based versions of Windows 7 Download the update package now.