If you are in the market for an external 2TB USB 3.0 hard drive, take a look at our review of the Iomega eGo USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive and see if it’s what you are looking for.
Experience blazing USB 3.0 transfer speed to match the fast pace of your digital life! The Iomega® eGo Desktop Hard Drive, SuperSpeed USB 3.0 is super fast – up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. Now transfer large video files faster than ever before! You will need a PC with a USB 3.0 port for the best performance (drive is backward compatible for USB 2.0 use). Iomega® Protection Suite includes Trend Micro™ Internet Security, Roxio Retrospect® Express Backup software, Iomega QuikProtect, and MozyHome™ Online Backup service to protect your data and your computer. (Software available via easy download). This is a great travel companion that lets you take your files, photos and music anywhere. The eGo is protected by a 3-year limited warranty! (registration required for extended warranty).
Who Are Iomega?
From their website:
Iomega Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of EMC Corporation headquartered in San Diego, is a worldwide leader in innovative storage and network security solutions for small businesses, home offices, consumers and others. The Company has sold more than 410 million digital storage drives and disks since its inception in 1980. Today, Iomega’s product portfolio includes industry leading network attached storage products, external hard drives, multimedia drives, and our award-winning removable storage technology, the REV® Backup Drive.
- Fast — Up to 10 times the speed of USB 2.0;transfer speeds up to 5 Gbits/s
- Easy-to-use — Just plug-and-play.
- Stylish — Charcoal gray color complements your laptop or desktop computer
- Secure — Iomega Protection Suite included to protect your data and your computer. All software available via download and at no additional cost!
- Preformatted NTFS
- Compatible with PC
- 8MB or higher Cache Buffer
- Three year limited warranty with product registration
What You Need:
- Pentium® II-class or equivalent processor or higher
- Built-in USB connection
- Requires USB 3.0 port or ExpressCard™ or PCIe slot for best performance
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ / XP Home / XP Professional / Windows 7 (32-bit)
- 256MB RAM or more as required by operating system
To View User’s Manual:
Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 6.0, Firefox® 1.0, Apple Safari 1.2 or higher browser
Dimensions (L x W x H):
7.3 L x 5.0 W x 1.55 H
What’s in the Box?
Along with the drive itself, there is a power supply, with two changeable pins connectors, a USB 3.0 cable, a manual and a stand for the drive.