SSD’s are becoming more popular, with people using them for their system drives because of their speed. Kingston have a few SSDs on the market, and last week we reviewed the SSDNow V+100 and here we take a look at their SSDNow V100 drive.
Here is how Kingston describe the SSDNow V100:
Dramatically increase the performance of existing systems.
Kingston introduces its SSDNow V Series drives to help consumers and organisations of all sizes and consumers enhance the performance of computers with a Serial ATA (SATA) interface. By improving a computer’s performance and durability, SSDNow V Series drives help increase productivity, and extend the life of existing computers.
Who are Kingston?
From their website:
Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world’s independent memory leader.
Founded in 1987 with a single product offering, Kingston® now offers more than 2,000 memory products that support nearly every device that uses memory, from computers, servers and printers to MP3 players, digital cameras and mobile phones. In 2010, the company’s sales reached $6.5 billion.
With global headquarters in Fountain Valley, California, Kingston employs more than 4,000 people worldwide. Regarded as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in America” by Fortune magazine, Kingston’s tenets of respect, loyalty, flexibility and integrity create an exemplary corporate culture. Kingston believes that investing in its people is essential, and each employee is a vital part of Kingston’s success.
Kingston serves an international network of distributors, resellers, retailers and OEM customers on six continents. The company also provides contract manufacturing and supply chain management services for semiconductor manufacturers and system OEMs.
- Performance — enhances productivity; makes users more efficient
- Innovative — 2.5″ form factor; uses NAND flash memory components
- Silent — Runs silent and cool with no moving mechanical parts
- Reliable — less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
- Shock Resistant — No moving mechanical parts so the SSD handles rougher conditions
- Supports TRIM — ensures maximum performance on compatible Operating Systems1
- Supports S.M.A.R.T. — Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology to help maintain a healthy drive
- Guaranteed — 3 year legendary Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
- Capacity — 30 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB
- Storage Temperatures — -40° C to 85° C
- Operating temperatures — 0° C to 70° C
- Vibration operating — 2.17 G (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating — 20 G (20–2000Hz)
- Sequential Speed —
30 GB – up to 180 MB/sec. read, 50 MB/sec write
64 GB – up to 200MB/sec. read; 110MB/sec. write
128 GB – up to 200MB/sec. read; 160MB/sec. write
- PCMARK® Vantage Advanced HDD Suite Score —
30 GB – 18,900
64 GB – 21,317
128 GB – 20,177
- Power specs — Active: 1.7 – 5.2 W TYP
Power specs 3 —Idle: 0.05 – 0.7 W TYP
- Life expectancy — 1 million hours mean time before failure, 64 GB/128 GB
500,000 hours mean time before failure, 30 GB