Would you like a virtual PC running on your iPad? Do you want to access Flash enabled websites? If yes then take a look at AlwaysOnPC for the Apple iPad.
A few weeks ago during the recording of the Media Center Show, Ian, Garry and myself were talking about iPads and apps, and I mentioned that I had recently purchased an app, and this is that app.
What is AlwaysOnPC? Here is how AlwaysOnPC describe it:
AlwaysOnPC gives you a complete virtual computer pre-loaded with over 40 apps that you can access and use from any PC, Mac, iPhone / iPod Touch and now from iPad and Android smartphones. Here are just a few of the things you can do with AlwaysOnPC:
- Full Office Suite: Open, edit, cut/paste & save Word, Excel, & Powerpoint files using OpenOffice
- Open email attachments edit, save, re-attach to reply/forward
- Firefox with Flash player – browse Flash sites, games, install Addons/toolbars…
- 2GB online storage. Easily load files from your PC or Mac to your AlwaysOnPC and access them *anytime* from your iPhone.
- Access Dropbox, Google Docs, and other Online / Backup storage
- Learn more…
Here are a few reasons why our customers love AlwaysOnPC:
- Blazing-fast open & save performance on WiFi or 3G – up to 5 times faster than competing apps
- Rock-solid security: All connections with AlwaysOnPC are encrypted for your privacy and security.
- View the full web – from Facebook Mafia Wars to Google Analytics – it just works!
- True multi-tasking – cut/paste between office apps, drawings, photos, email etc.
- Even more apps: Everything from Photoshop-like image editing to award-winning GNU Chess…
- Learn more…
BUYING AND INSTALLING THE APP
Like any app for the iPad, you have to go to the Apple App Store, search for AlwaysOnPC, choose the iPad version (make sure you select the iPad version because if you by the iPhone version it won’t work on the iPad and you will have to buy it again).
Then you just install the app like any other app.
USING THE APP
Firing up the app is just a case of selecting it, just like any other app on your iPad.
Before you can actually use the app, you need to register to use it – don’t worry as you are reminded!
You can register directly from the iPad, you don’t need to go to another computer.
Be careful when you are registering though as the username is case sensitive. When typing in Andrew for example, I put in andrew and the iPad changed it to Andrew, so later when I tried to login as andrew it wouldn’t let me! A quick email to support told me it was case sensitive and I was back on my way.