A little over a week ago, we reported about the impending release of Diskeeper 2010 for Windows Home Server.
Well, now it’s available!
The cost is $59.95 and you can buy it by clicking here or you can download a 30 day trial version by clicking here.
Diskeeper 2010 HomeServer edition key features and benefits:
- New! IntelliWrite™ fragmentation prevention technology: a major advancement in system speed and efficiency.IntelliWrite prevents up to 85% of the fragmentation every system suffers from. It intelligently writes contiguous files to the disk so system resources are not wasted creating fragmentation. The results? A whole new level of system speed and efficiency beyond what can be achieved with defragmentation alone.
- Gain unlimited defrag volume size capacity. Terabyte Volume Engine™ technology has the necessary horsepower to quickly and thoroughly defrag even the largest drives and volumes found on today’s powerful home servers.
- Eliminate rapid fragmentation build-up. InvisiTasking® technology is a truly transparent, background processing technology that allows your PC to be defragmented in real-time, so your high traffic-traffic volumes don’t experience the detrimental effects of fragmentation between scheduled defrags.
- Windows Home Server Console Integration. Only Diskeeper 2010 HomeServer includes full integration with the primary WHS management console. From any PC or laptop in your home you can adjust a setting, or view the History graphs — everything you need is available for easy access.
- Extend the productive life of your Home Server. Extend the effective life of your Home Server by as much as 3 years.
- Increase your Windows home server reliability. Hang-times, freeze-ups and other fragmentation-based crashes on your Home Server affect every other PC and laptop in your home. Fragment-free drives will ensure your gigabyte-sized movies stream to your video screen without a hitch.
- Speed up your anti-virus scans. Experience faster back ups and avoid system crashes resulting from fragmentation-related problems.
- Protect your system from crashing. Boosts the reliability of your Home Server by automatically preventing crash-inducing fragmentation of critical system files. Leave hang-times, freeze-ups and other fragmentation-related crashes in the dust.
- Defrag even with less than 1% free space. Defragment even in the most extreme hard drive environments — with less than 1% free space or with files split into millions of fragments.
- NEW! IntelliWrite fragmentation prevention technology
- Terabyte Volume Engine (TVE)
- Breakthrough Technology! InvisiTasking
- Real-time defragmentation
- Uncompromising file and free space defragmentation
- “Defragmentation Intelligence” enhancements
- Automatic online directory consolidation
- Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Compatibility mode
- Boot-Time Mode
- Home Network support
For those of you who are interested, here is the press release:
Diskeeper Corporation today launched Diskeeper® 2010 Performance Software—the only product available today that actually prevents fragmentation before it happens. Utilizing a new revolutionary technology called IntelliWrite™, Diskeeper 2010 intelligently writes files to the disk to prevent up to 85 percent of fragmentation from occurring. Coupled with Diskeeper software’s superior defragmentation technology, Diskeeper 2010 delivers a complete performance solution for every Windows system at every site, and goes far beyond what defragmentation alone can achieve.
The negative effects of file fragmentation have been battled since the invention of the modern computer in an effort to negate its crippling effects on performance and its life-shortening toll on hardware. Originally defragmentation could only be performed manually, and was followed soon by scheduled solutions. Scheduled defrag remained the only solution until fairly recently, when fully automatic defrag came along, giving IT back considerable hours while keeping system performance and reliability consistently maximized. Now fragmentation can be prevented before it occurs.
Diskeeper 2010 takes enterprise network performance far beyond what defrag-only can achieve. Prevention coupled with the advanced features in Diskeeper 2010 makes previously unapproachable levels of system efficiency a reality. Significant savings are achieved reducing energy consumption and cooling—even more than is done with conventional defragmentation.
Diskeeper 2010 with IntelliWrite prevents the majority of fragmentation before it even happens and for any fragmentation that does occur, Diskeeper 2010 utilizes the most powerful defragmentation engines created to rapidly handle any remaining fragmentation with zero impact on system resources. Diskeeper 2010 also optimizes file placement for fast access utilizing its I-FAAST® technology. Diskeeper 2010 is the only complete solution for eliminating the harmful and costly effects of fragmentation.
“I am very impressed with Diskeeper 2010, particularly the IntelliWrite feature. I do a lot of speech recognition, and noticed a big difference, as IntelliWrite addresses fragmentation proactively. This is a major advantage for disk-intensive applications. The performance for achieving proactive fixes vs. reactive was very fast – I noticed a significant shift within one day.” said Joseph L. Marion, Principal at Healthcare Integration Strategies, LLC.
“There are several interesting and useful improvements in Diskeeper 2010, the most important of which is speed,” said David Yohn, Ph.D., Director, Marchi Thermal Systems in Redwood City, California. “Not only does the IntelliWrite technology speed up disk defragmentation since it prevents fragments from occurring, and not only does the software simply perform its functions much faster than did earlier versions, the benefits of improved disk optimization means the systems run faster all the time. Every function seems faster, especially those that use large disk files like PhotoShop or AutoCAD. I was afraid that the IntelliWrite feature might become a system resource hog and slow performance, but the opposite is indeed the fact.”
The benefits of Diskeeper 2010 include dramatically improved system performance from faster file reads and writes. By curtailing the excessive I/Os associated with fragmentation, wear and tear on the drive is greatly reduced, resulting in extended hardware life. Behind the scenes, free space is consolidated, further reducing the chances of future fragmentation, and the location of the most commonly used files is optimized for faster access. All of this occurs with zero impact on system resources.
Diskeeper 2010 contributes to an enterprise’s “green” initiatives by reducing energy consumption and by lowering overall cost of enterprise operation while enhancing speed and reliability providing an even faster return on investment (ROI). An additional benefit is that data/file replication traffic and storage requirements times caused by technologies which monitor block level data access, such as snapshots, are also significantly reduced.
Diskeeper 2010 with IntelliWrite offers enterprises the powerful, yet easily managed, tools to put fragmentation issues behind them—completely and forever. Diskeeper 2010 is the only way to prevent fragmentation before it happens.
Free 30 day trialware and further information at www.diskeeper.com or call 800-829-6468.